COACH PROFILE »
• Started at first base for the Cotuit Kettleers in 1998
• Starting first baseman on the 1995 Team Cape Cod Massachusetts State Champions and New England Semifinalists
• Was a three-sport star at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High in football, ice hockey and baseball... captain of football and baseball
• Finished one home run shy of all-time record at the University of Rhode Island with 20 blasts in his career
• Batted over .300 in junior and senior years at URI
• Belted 13 home runs in 1995 Senior Babe Ruth regular season in just 18 games.
• Is ranked second on URI all-time list for most total bases in single game, 14 vs. Fairfield, 3/25/1998
• Is tied for 2nd all-time at URI for most runs batted in in a single game (7) vs. Fairfied on 3/25/1998.
• Belted three home runs in single game vs. Fairfield U. on March 25, 1998, 2nd best all-time at URI
• Tied for third all-time at URI for most doubles in one season (15)
• Is ranked 3rd all-time for most extra-base hits in one season at URI (24)
• Is 5th all-time for career extra base hits at URI (52)
• Is ranked 4th all time in slugging percentage at URI (.535)
#35— Jason Chamsarian - Asst. Coach
Coach Chamsarian is one of the most deeply respected baseball men on Cape Cod and has spent the better part of the 20 years immersed in the game as a player and he now brings his expertise and acumen and passion for the game to the Post 206 diamond. A three-sport standout at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School in football, ice hockey and baseball, Coach "C" was a dominant slugger for the Dolphins throughout his high school career playing for Coach Bob Haff... he was a stellar first baseman for Team Cape Cod for Coaches Walsh and Charlie Horan and then went onto play for Coach Bob Corradi for Sandwich Post 188 American Legion... he was a star at the University of Rhode Island ... finishing one home run shy of the URI all-time record in roundtrippers with 20 career blasts.... started every game his senior year at URI and in his junior season he appeared in 48 games, starting 45 mostly at first base ... also started at DH ... ranked fourth on the team with a .318 batting average and a team-high 15 doubles and 40 RBI ... tied for the team lead with seven home runs and ranked third with 57 hits ... posted a team-high .542 slugging percentage and was a perfect 7-for-7 in stolen bases ... committed only seven errors in 288 chances for a .976 fielding percentage ... had 16 multi-hit games and 10 multi-RBI games ... hit safely in 15 of the last 17 games of the season ... went 3-for-6 with two doubles, a home run and five RBI in the season-opener at Delaware St. (February 27) ... had two hits, including a home run, and drove in two runs at Virginia (March 6) ... went 3-for-3 with a double, home run and two RBI, while scoring three runs vs. Northeastern (April 21) ... also went 4-for-4 with a double, triple and three RBI vs. St. Joseph's (April 25) ... 1998: Appeared in 22 games as a freshman ... hit six home runs and drove in 14 runs ... also had four doubles and a .563 slugging percentage ... hit three home runs and drove in seven runs at Fairfield (March 25) ... High School: Two-time all-conference and all-region performer for coach Bob Haff at Dennis-Yarmouth High ... also played three seasons of hockey and two years of football ... Personal: Born August 24, 1977 in Falmouth, Mass. ... majoring in marketing ... member of the Atlantic 10 Commissioner's Honor Roll ... earned Dean's List